The answer is pretty important if we look at this comScore chart , since the number of desktop users was overtaken by the number of mobile users back in 2014.
Now, for businesses which want a proper mobile presence or to create mobile apps, here are 10 statistics to keep in mind:
1. 80% of internet users own a smartphone.
2. 69% of media time is spent on smartphones.
3. 89% of mobile media time is accounted by apps, the other 11% is spent on websites.
4. 33% of consumers start mobile research with a branded website, only 26% with a mobile app.
5. 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site.
6. The most popular way companies are optimizing for mobile is using a simple template that works for all devices.
7. Google says 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they had trouble accessing and 40% visit a competitor’s site instead.
8. Website that load in 5 seconds on mobile see 25% more ad visibility and 70% longer session duration.
9. 83% of mobile users say that a seamless experience across all devices is very important.
10. Average smartphone conversion rates are up 64% compared to the average desktop conversion rates.
Bottom line? More and more people browse, research and buy using their smartphones. It’s mandatory for businesses to provide a seamless experience across all devices that your customers might use (laptop, tablet, mobile phone).
At NXTHUB, we understand that having a website that is not mobile optimized can mean pushing potential customers right into the arms of your competition so we only create websites that are optimized.